Wednesday 21 May 2008

Cranberry Red Lips From CoverGirl

Carleen with Cover Girl Red LipsI have been into deeper lip shades lately and have been playing quite a bit with reds. One of my current favorite red lip looks comes from CoverGirl products. So the bonus is that it doesn’t cost a fortune!

I am wearing this look on my lips in the picture. Funny thing is that I was also messing with some of the new spring pinks on the rest of my face. Fortunately, those were so sheer and had worn off a bit so that they didn’t show up well in the photo, because red lips with pink cheeks and shimmery peach eyeshadow looks rather silly!

If you go for Red lips, I suggest a neutral shade smoky eye and no blush. At most, maybe just a bit of bronzer for contour. No super shimmer either! When wearing red, Let the lips stand out on their own.

CoverGirl Smoothwear lip pencil
To create the CoverGirl red lips look, I start with CoverGirl Outlast Smoothwear Lip Liner in Wine (number 125). This is a berry red lip liner, so it works well with both brighter reds and darker reds. It also is one of the few long wearing products that I really like. I’m not a fan of the long wearing lip stains and such, but the pencil is just fine and it does wear fairly long.Cover Girl TruShine Lip color Cranberry RedNext, I add a layer of CoverGirl TruShine Lip Color in Cranberry Shine (number 500). This cranberry red lipstick is a beautiful shade. TruShine is also a good name, because it does have a good shine quality for a lipstick. It is on the bright side, but not quite as bright as a fire engine red. It also wears quite well. Usually, I blot and put on a second coat before adding gloss.

Cover Girl Wetslicks Lip Gloss RedGloss is not required, but I like it both for the moisturizing feel and for the extra shine. So I top the lipstick off with CoverGirl Wetslicks Lipstick in Fire Fly (number 325). A bonus of wearing gloss is that it is easier to quickly reapply and can can make the lipstick last longer. This bright berry red gloss is also great on its own for a sheer red look.

With each product running in the $5-7 range, this is a great look for not a lot of money.

No comments: